SOLEMS light detection cells
These cells are built for easy light sensing : direct conversion of light into electricity is used to MEASURE light intensity.
Added value :
- Amorphous silicon alone can convert VERY LOW light levels below 1000 lux
- SOLEMS solar cells short circuit current is proportional to light intensity from 0 to 120 000 lux
- PAR radiation, used by photosynthesis is also achievable, having a very similar in spectral response.
- Visible light detection : 400 – 700 nm
- Adequate for lux and PAR measurement
- Glass substrates, square or rectangular shape, thickness 1.1 or 0.55mm
- Dimensions from 6 to 300 mm
- Electronic indoor type of use*
*For weatherproof detectors, see : PAR sensors and luxmeters and Solar radiation measurement
|DETECTION CELLS leaflet : All cells made up to June 2013|
|Application memo : Measurement of lux : How to use a SOLEMS detection cell for lux measurement|
|Article sur les détecteurs quantiques – in french – with advice and tricks to built and use PAR and solar radiation sensors made from SOLEMS or crystalline cells|